The NJIT men's fencing team recorded a 3-1 record Sunday, competing at the MACFA B Round Robin hosted by Stevens at Canavan Arena.
NJIT (16-6) swept Yeshiva (27-0) while picking up wins over Army (26-1) and Hunter (23-4). The lone loss for the Highlanders came against host Stevens, in a tight match, with the Ducks, earning the 14-13 victory.
- Senior Ege Ayan led the epee squad with a 9-1 overall mark, sweeping Yeshiva (3-0) and picking up a pair of 2-0 victories over Stevens and Army.
- Freshman Rourke Hillyer recorded an 8-1 mark, registering a 3-0 win over Army and 2-0 victories over Yeshiva and Hunter.
- Freshman Tristan Gibson posted seven wins in the victory – 2-0 wins over Yeshiva and Army.
- Sophomore Dominic Heise paced the foil squad, finishing undefeated, 8-0, with 2-0 wins over Yeshiva, Stevens, Army and Hunter.
- John Mongrella III and Nicholas Concepcion each notched six wins on the foil strip.
- Junior Thomas Slawinski paced the Highlanders for the sabre squad, posting a 9-1 overall mark – sweeping Army and Hunter (3-0).
- Pedro D'Avila combined for seven wins while Greg Puccio went 4-0 for the Highlanders.
NJIT will break for a week and return to action Sunday, February 17 when the Highlanders host the MACFA A vs. B competition at NJIT's Wellness and Events Center. The meet is scheduled to start at 10 a.m.